Felix Biancuzzo Memorial Scholarship Policies for Applicants
The Felix Biancuzzo Memorial Scholarship is offered annually to recognize an applicant who has demonstrated exceptional personal and professional competencies and characteristics in protecting, promoting, and supporting breastfeeding and lactation.
The Felix Biancuzzo Memorial Scholarship is not a need-based award. Winner(s) will be chosen by a Selection Committee comprised of Marie Biancuzzo and members of the MarieBiancuzzo.com team. The committee reserves the right to make no award if no applicant is deemed suitable for the scholarship. The decision of the Scholarship Committee is final and not open to appeal.
Winner(s) will be selected based on demonstration of:
- completion and clarity of the scholarship application; incomplete applications will not be considered
- self-learning; initiating and developing knowledge and skills related to breastfeeding and lactation management
- active involvement in professional or community service activities related to breastfeeding and lactation, especially members of breastfeeding coalitions or groups.
Who Should Apply
Worldwide first-time IBCLC exam candidates who are eligible for, and plan to take, the IBCLC exam in the year after the scholarship is awarded. That is, those who are eligible for this year’s scholarship must apply for the scholarship this year (in 2023) and must take the exam in 2024.
Who May NOT Apply
- IBCLC exam candidates who are NOT eligible for or who cannot take the exam in the year after the scholarship is awarded may not apply.
- Previous winners of the Felix Biancuzzo Memorial Scholarship may not apply.
- Those who have already completed a 90- or 95-hour lactation education program from BreastfeedingOutlook.com or MarieBiancuzzo.com may not apply.
Course Offered to the Winner
This scholarship covers course registration fees only (fully or in part) for:
Course Refund for Scholarship Recipient
The scholarship recipient is eligible for a full refund of the purchase price of Marie Biancuzzo’s Premier 95-Hour Lactation Education Package ONLY if it was purchased between May 1, 2023 and the announcement of the scholarship winner, if the payment was cleared.
Responsibilities of All Applicants
All applicants must understand and agree to:
- comply with all scholarship policies.
- watch for emails from MarieBiancuzzo.com after the selection date. We will notify the winner by email. If the winner does not respond to us within 30 days of the email notification, we will select a new winner.
- any misrepresentation of information on the scholarship application will result in forfeiture of the scholarship opportunity.
Responsibilities of the Winner
In addition to responsibilities of applicant, the scholarship recipient must complete the following tasks. Failure to comply by the stated deadlines will result in forfeiture of the scholarship.
- Respond to the winner’s email notification within 30 days of the sent date. Please watch your email. Feel free to call or email us if you think you missed something.
- Within 30 days of acceptance of the scholarship, submit a color photo (head and shoulders) for use in Marie Biancuzzo’s media and announcements. The photo must be your own intellectual property that you state you have the rights to distribute and print.