90-Hour Lactation Course
An online course to help you meet IBLCE’s lactation-specific education requirement
Focus Your Study Time
Confidently Approach Exam
Can you pass the lactation exam?
About 500 people fail the IBLCE® exam every year. You can’t afford to be one of them. You know it’s a comprehensive, career-critical exam. How can you possibly prepare—and pass?
If you’re like most first-time test-takers, you don’t have any idea what’s important to study. And, people who have taken the exam in the past have a better idea of the “what-to” study but fall short on the “how-to”. Where do you start? What do you focus on? What study strategies work? How do you know what you don’t know?
You don’t have to live with all of the mystery. Let Marie walk you through 113 separate online learning modules. Squeeze study time into your hectic, unpredictable life with some short modules. Get feedback—fun learning exercises and challenging end-of-unit questions to prove you know what you know…and what you don’t know! And a chance to ask questions to Marie!
Get the foundation you NEED for the career you WANT!
It’s natural to feel uneasy about taking the lactation exam. But you’ll gain knowledge, structure, and reassurance when you study with Marie.
Marie Biancuzzo’s Lactation Education Course is your best bet for passing your exam
Since 2004, Marie has helped more than 5,000 individuals to prepare for and pass the IBLCE exam. Over 25% of the currently-certified IBCLCs in the United States have taken one of Marie’s courses. And test-takers on 6 different continents studied with Marie, too.
Marie has also helped many people who have already failed the exam once, twice, three times…or more. Marie is passionate about helping people to pass.
In her all new 2020 course, Marie wants to equip you with the knowledge, study skills, and feedback to pass the IBLCE exam on the first try. This online course will teach you how to . . .
- Focus your study efforts. Don’t waste your time; tackle what matters.
- Get feedback on how well you have mastered key concepts. An opportunity for feedback is built into the online course, but you can also get your questions answered, LIVE, with Marie via the internet.
- Confidently approach the Exam.
90-Hour Lactation Education Course is ideal for:
- First-time exam-takers
- Individuals who have taken the exam before, but failed
What you'll get
- Truly comprehensive. Covers all 105 topics and subtopics on the IBLCE Exam, and all 114 of IBLCE’s Clinical Competencies
- Multiple short quizzes: Prove your understanding of concepts in each unit
- Active learning exercises to keep you engaged in your own mastery of the material
- Office Hours! Ask Marie your questions live during Office Hours (most Thursdays at 2 pm ET)
- Optional assignments offered to enhance learning, prepare for the IBLCE Exam, and provide insights needed for clinical practice
- Aligned with LEAARC competencies
- Covers all Standards and Guidelines for the Accreditation of Lactation Consultant Education Programs (see FAQ for more information)
- Communication Skills Included: IBLCE exam applications for April 2021 or later are required to earn 5 hours in communication which are included in this course for FREE for a limited time
Pass your exam the FIRST time!
100+ Learning Modules
With these learning modules, you can learn at your own pace and efficiently prepare for your upcoming exam.
Assignments and Approaches
for Different Learners
73 comprehension questions (and answers!)
A Rock-solid Foundation
The foundation you NEED for the career you WANT.
What makes this course different from others?
- For a limited time, Marie will be available to answer your questions LIVE. Every Thursday, Marie has set aside time to answer your questions and concern.
- Marie has a gift for breaking big concepts down into easily-digestible chunks. Marie designs and delivers the course herself, because she is so passionate about helping people to pass.
- There are optional assignments in many of the modules for those who want to take the deeper dive.
Set Us Apart
We’ve got your back! With a course as large as this one, questions are bound to arise.
Is there a topic you don’t understand?
Do you have a question about the next step in your journey?
Do you just want clarification on a concept?
Ask these questions, and more, during office hours! Thursdays* from 2-2:30 pm ET Marie will be available via webinar to answer your questions LIVE.
*Due to live program and travel commitments, Marie will not be available ALL Thursdays. A schedule of available live sessions will be provided to you upon purchase of the course.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course requires you to have access to Counseling the Nursing Mother 6th edition. At present, this text is NOT included in the purchase of the course. You may purchase it on Amazon here or where books are sold.
Take advantage of our special introductory pricing! Prices will increase May 15, 2020.
Full 90-Hour Lactation Education CoursePurchase all 5 Units at once
Access to All 5 Units at Once
5 Communication Hours
Ask Questions Live with Office Hours
90-Hour Lactation Education Course UnitsPurchase Unit 1 only, buy the rest later
Buy One Unit at a Time (5 Total)
5 Communication Hours
Ask Questions Live with Office Hours
Yes! In fact, it is specifically designed to do so.
Of course! Click here to see the course goal, objectives, and other important course information.
Everything except the textbook, Counseling the Nursing Mother 6th edition
Not at all. As long as you purchase the 6th edition of Counseling the Nursing Mother, you may get it wherever you choose.
Yes. 90 contact hours for nurses. Breastfeeding Outlook is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, provider # CEP15628.
90 L-CERPs for IBCLCs. Breastfeeding Outlook is accredited as a long-term provider by the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
Our accreditation is under the name of our parent company, Breastfeeding Outlook. Your certificate will show the name of both Breastfeeding Outlook and Marie Biancuzzo.
If you purchase the whole course at once, you have 18 months from the date of purchase to complete it and earn your certificate. If you purchase it by units, you have 18 months from the date of purchase of Unit 1 to purchase and complete all 5 units.
Yes. You will have access to the course for 18 months from the date of purchase. After that, only your certificate will be available.
If you have about 45 hours already, you may want to consider our Step Up to IBCLC program to earn the other 45 hours. If you only have a few hours, it would benefit you to complete this comprehensive program to ensure there are no gaps in your education. You may be interested in Marie’s blog about the disadvantages of taking the “hodge-podge” approach to earning your 90 hours. For more assistance, call our office at 703-787-9894 or email us at email@example.com.
This course provides the basic lactation education required by the IBLCE and covers all of the items on the IBLCE’s Detailed Content Outline, on which the exam is based. However, in order to pass the exam, you will want to ensure that your clinical hours provide a varied experience with breastfeeding dyads of all ages, including both well and unwell babies and you will want to practice taking exam-type questions before the exam.
This course covers all of the LEAARC competencies and LEAARC approval is pending.
The Certified Clinical Lactationist™ is a certification developed by Marie for students of her 90 hour courses. Students must meet certain qualifications before earning this certification. Click here for more information.
We provide several options to help.
- Purchase the course in units to spread out the cost.
- If you are military or a military dependent, get 15% off (call our office at 703-787-9894 to get the discount)
- Apply for the Felix Biancuzzo Scholarship. The scholarship covers the full cost of the course, except for the textbook.
Per the IBLCE Candidate Information Guide, “…starting with examination applications for the April 2021 examination administration and those administrations following, in addition to the 90 hours of lactation specific education, five (5) hours of education focused on communication skills will be required.” Consult the full Candidate Information Guide for more details.
This means, if you plan to to submit your candidate application November 2020 or later, you will need these 5 communication hours. If you plan to apply prior to that (May 2020) the hours are not required, but still part of your course, and definitely worth your time anyway as the information is valuable to all IBCLC Candidates.
Yes! We do offer a limited number of hybrid courses (4 days live, the rest online). Registration for Marie Biancuzzo’s Comprehensive Lactation Course is currently available on our sister site, Breastfeeding Outlook, here.